Initiator: Ross Lockhart and Jon Walters
Conversation Participants: Megan Myrdal, Courtney Schaff, Levi Bachmeier, Bobbi Jo Cody
Utilizing underused growing space
Changing the paradigm of ‘where do I get my stuff?’
- Psychological aspects of sourcing ‘local’
Creating year-round spaces (big and small)
- Building community with good urban spaces
- Who builds these spaces? (city, businesses, etc
- Community disconnect within FM suburban area
- Bridging the gap between downtown and non downtown communities
Encouraging more people to become producers
- Teach them how to do it
- Pockets of land around FM area
- Put yards back to work!
- How do we aggregate local produce?